Hoseasons Brochure 1957

I was very taken with this Hoseasons brochure from 1957. It's now sold, sadly but otherwise I'd have been very tempted. I was surprised by how many colour images there were in the first few photos. I also liked the booking form (just a bit before online booking) which reminded me of the time when Hoseasons were based at Oulton Broad. I never saw their premises but I think they remained there until the 2000s? According to Google Streetview 89 Bridge Road is now an Estate Agents.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196492607857?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vasldIR2Qke&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=4b-5bJkbQHi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

89 A1117
https://maps.app.goo.gl/WGhd5xFXu4aNW17u9?g_st=ac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can remember going into the Hoseasons offices at Oulton Broad while on a cold November week aboard Sanderling from Sandersons in Reedham, sometime in the late 70s I think. I guessed it was about the time next year's brochure would be available. Sure enough I managed to get hold of an edition "hot off the press". I remember all the office desks piled high with the new seasons brochures, and staff members busily stuffing them into envelopes ready for posting. 

• Like 3

I can remember visiting the Oulton Broad office one time when we'd moored at the yacht station, I'd guess around the mid 80s.

The brochure is fascinating and I'd love to be able to see it properly. Having worked at Summercraft, I never found out exactly when they started, so it's interesting to see they appear in 57. I suspect Dick may well have only just started the business, as there only seems to be one appropriately named boat listed.

It's interesting to see how few boats there are in general. I guess the industry must have all but died during the war years and with rationing only having stopped 4 years earlier, it's rebirth was still in its infancy.

• Like 3