metalic credit card holders

jillR

hi peeps

i heard that credit cards can be read while they are still in your pocket/bag

i was thinking about getting a metalic card holder (not that ive got the sort of money they would get exited about :lol: )

i dont want yet another container in my groaning bag so wondered if anyone knows if just wrapping in a piece of cooking foil would work

jill cheers

thanks gordon and jonzo

i think one of the things i will start doing is only carry the card i need for that day

i think i understand the reasons for the government and banks to want to do away with cash but i dont like the way things are going

as they cant protect the systems.

jill cheers

I am not sure, but I assume that the current security worry is to do with the new "touch to pay" RFID systems being interrogated illegally. RFID is used for a lot of different things such as door locks for restricted areas in offices and "toll tags" allowing you to pass through toll barriers and be charged automatically (telepeage in France for instance). If you can clone an RFID identity you can fool any device but I would have thought that they would use a rolling code encryption system. Today's criminals are very clever at exploiting loopholes in technology.

I noticed that only one of my cards has the RFID system on it and as it is not a card I ever use anymore I may just chop it up!

as soon as i heard about these cards my first thought was they could be scanned

while in your pocket, how many millions I wonder did it cost to invent these cards

and nobody considered that ?

mind you when i ever try to scan mine in MacDonald's it never works anyway..

Rich