the broads, a bad year

hi Clive, I think that's why your yards wins the praise they do !! iv always found Richardson's to be flexible and are only to willing to go that bit further for there customers. customer service in my opinion  has come on in leaps and bounds in the last ten years from all yards. I still don't understand the resistant's from yards / owners to discount there boats, surely earning any form of revenue from your fleet, is better then none ( in such hard times ). but I guess we have to accept Clive and Andy's views. I must say though since I posted this topic iv had emails from all the big yards offering me discounts, special offers !!! ( which is a discount ) etc. anyway lets hope that next season brings better things for the broads.

It's not a case of earning something rather than nothing. Sending a boat out on the water carries a considerable cost in terms of staff time, maintenance items and additional risk. It's not simply the case that it's sitting there earning nothing and that anything is better.

We had someone chasing for a holiday cottage yesterday which is a market that we dropped out of two seasons ago  as we could see what was happening with a flood of people looking to make a quick buck making it extremely difficult to justifiably continue. Today, apparently, the situation is changing as the downturn in tourism is forcing these short-termists to pull out of the holiday market which is causing a shortage.

A chap I was speaking to yesterday said that he'd read somewhere that Tourism spends this year were around 40% down. He couldn't remember where he'd read it or what regions or countries it specifically related to. However, it's not a surprising figure looking at it from the inside.

The face of tourism next year will be very different, I feel.

• Like 1