getting to the broads

sanderling

Depends on where you're heading and your air-height. The Haven bridge in GH has 9ft 6ins and then gives access to either the Yare or Bure.

For Lowestoft the problems with the Mutford Lock rail bridge are documented here in another thread but the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk YC is always worth a visit!

hi John

the air draft is 8ft 4in , we are heading up to wayford bridge boat yard,,  we will have to come in at yarmouth on the low tide  i guess,   we will leave Walton 2hrs before hw and catch the tide up to yarmouth but will have to wait for the low water to get under the bridges...

many thanks     Russell

I've never transited from Walton but I always used to plan (from the Stour/Orwell mouth) to arrive at Gorleston at LW+1Hr. Thus arriving at the bridges at about that time and getting the flood up either river.

Our then water speed was 6kts but I'd imagine you can go a little faster?

• 3 weeks later...

and they made it from 50 foot waves and swells bigger than my lower bits ......................

a sea sick dawg and green wife and crewe hangin on for dear life ..............lifre raft ready and call sign ...........

MAY MAY MAY day .....................................not till next two months ......................

why did yuo go through a 48 hr orf hell to travel to the broads orf rough sea like no man or wooman can see 

befor .............................??????

to come to see me at me ole rough yard ....................................

well done lynn and russell...........................

welcome to my yard and me shouting at early hrs ................................. :wave

• Like 2