Samsung L210 Review

Pete

I've seen some reviews of SLR's on here, but none on Point and Shoot cameras. Could we perhaps create a sticky, with links to both reviews of SLR's and P+S cameras? That way someone interested in a camera would just be able to look at a single thread to find links to all the relevant reviews.

Here's my review of my Samsung L210, I'll probably edit it a little bit over the next couple of days to neaten it up.

post-206-136713450972_thumb.jpg

Over summer, in the process of tidying up the kitchen, my camera ended up in the washing machine, needless to say it didn't last very long after that. With a holiday to Canada and Alaska coming up I was in urgent need of a new camera. My requirements are probably typical of many amateur/casual photographers like myself, they were as follows:

• [*:1bts0ijv]Small enough to fit in my trouser pocket
    [*:1bts0ijv]Decent photo quality
    [*:1bts0ijv]Large/expandable capacity (I took about 6GB's of photos in a 2 week period)
    [*:1bts0ijv]Reasonably cheap (I was a poor student at the time)

My parents had the Samsung L70, which I had always liked, so decided to try and get something from the same range. Having searched many reviews and looked at many sample photos I plumped for the L210.

The specs for the camera can be found here. In summary, it is 10.2MPixels, 3x optical screen and a bright 2.5" screen. It has all of the standard features you find on point and click cameras nowadays, red-eye reduction, face detection, image stabilization and auto contrast balance.

What I particularly like is the ease of use (true point and click), but at the same time, it has a number of modes that lets you set a much wider range of settings.

In conclusion, it does everything that I wanted from it, so for £99 think it was a good deal.

Here's a sample photo:

post-206-136713450918_thumb.jpg

More photos taken by this camera on my Canada and Alaska trip can be found at: http://gallery.me.com/peteelawrence#100024 (some photos were taken from inside a coach, hence why there's a lot of reflection on some of them)