Express Pirate for Sale

Ok, been putting this off for a while, but needs must.

Due to changing circumstances, I'm looking to sell Liberty Song, my Express pirat e 17" yacht.

She's got twin bilge keels, 2'3" draft, 17" LOA, 6'8" beam. Designed by Ian Procter (designer of the Wayfarer, GP14, etc), and built by Ryplas c.1980.

The good bit is that she sails, albeit with the original (rather worn but basically serviceable sails - if you wanted to acquire newer ones she's the same sailplan as a Wayfarer Dinghy). Roller furling jib, stainless steel A-frame for mast lowering. For a 17' bilge keel yacht she actually sails very well, I've taken her racing and she points well up until she starts flying a keel (which is about when the leeward window gets submerged).

Internally she has cushions, but is in need of some tidying up (painted interior is flaking, two windows have cracks but haven't let in any water while I've owned her).

Tolls to 1st April this year, BSS certificate to August 2017.

In the water at Womack at the moment (mooring is not transferable).

I'm looking for £500 without an engine, might have a petrol or electric outboard available by separate negotiation (she only needs about 2HP at most, and will go nearly hull speed on my 57lb thrust electric outboard in still water).

If you've got any questions, or want to come and take a look, then please let me know. Thanks.

I thought I'd give forum members first dibs, she'll be going on eBay in a week or so if she hasn't sold.

• Like 1

It's true that over the last year I definitely haven't had time to sail her as much as I'd like, and she is a bit green at the moment (nothing that a few hours with a scrubbing brush won't solve).

Many thanks for the offer, I may well take you up on it.

If she doesn't sell, I do have space at the new house to put her on dry land and do her up a bit at my leisure (assuming I can get her transported to Norwich without a trailer of her own). Having said that, I'll also have a workshop big enough to build a boat of my own, and rough plans are already being sketched out (about 18' long, glued clinker ply hull sheathed with glass and epoxy, 2 berth cabin, single lugsail with inboard electric auxiliary).

• Like 2