Mudweight

I'm about to make a mudweight for my Norman 18.5. 

Has anyone got one from a similar sized boat that could you could measure up for me to copy? 

Rough tape measurements will do - bottom diameter, top diameter and height would be ideal. 

Thanks in advance. 

Regards. 
Mark. 

Hi Mark,

I would say 6 inches diameter by the same high, filled with concrete would do.. 

Or 8 inch base tapering to 6 inches inch top.. although I think a non taper looks better.. I'd do out of A2 or A4 though and not mild steel though.. if it goes well you should try making and selling them ;)

cheers

Hi Mark,

I would say 6 inches diameter by the same high, filled with concrete would do.. 

Or 8 inch base tapering to 6 inches inch top.. although I think a non taper looks better.. I'd do out of A2 or A4 though and not mild steel though.. if it goes well you should try making and selling them ;)

cheers

Thanks Alan.

I agree with what you say about Stainless but being the typical tight Yorkshireman I like cheap so it's gonna be mild with a good coat of paint.

As for selling them I suppose I could make them to order - they do seem to be difficult to get hold of.

As you suggest I think I'll try 8" tapering to 6" and 6" high. I can always add or take off material later.

Regards.

Mark.

• Like 1