volvo hydraulic oil filter

Hi I am still looking for the oil filter number for my hydraulic drive I know it is a 3/4" spin on type but there are no marks on it. I have contacted arp as it is their name on the red tank,  who don't seem to want to reply to me. I think the one that is on is probably a cheaper filter used on the broads with no numbers on, as it was last changed before 2005 on the broads. So if anyone can help ? it looks like a piston type system put in in 1979. In the meantime I have been in drydock for a couple of weeks and antifouled my boat and painted it as well as fitting a new fender strake and lower rubbing strake. Just to fit new front windows and I will be ready for a good run in September. So could do to get filter and new oil in before then. regards  Andy

post-31136-0-79522700-1435697614_thumb.j

It's probably a VOAC system which was a collaboration between Volvo and Atlas Copco.  They were mainly used for construction / forestry equipment but a few found their way onto hire boats, I believe they were more efficient than other versions that were available at the time.
I've never seen one fitted to a Penta engine but a few on BMC 2.2 / 2.5's.

The question of spares rises it's head every couple of years at work and we usually point people in the direction of Anglian Diesels - http://www.arsangliandiesels.co.uk/index.htm

My parents hired Astral Emblem when I was about 15/16 and seem to remember it was quite nippy for a hydraulic powered hire boat !

cheers for the contacts and numbers I will get in touch today and tell you the outcome in a couple of days as I am going on my boat as the weather is nice and to warm for working. regards andy

hi Neilb  yes mine is fitted to a 2.5 bmc and funny enough the unnoficial name of my boat is astral emblem  that became astral light 3 in the reg documents and was commissioned/ built in 1979  and she go's very well 1200revs 7 knots regards andy.  back in a few days