Building Cars Live

Did anyone watch the two back to back programmes shown on BBC2 on Tuesday & Wednesday, with James May & Kate Humble, showing how they build BMW Minis at the Oxford Motor Plant?

It was absolutely fascinating to watch. A short section of it during the first programme, showed a bit about making Morgan Cars in their factory at Malvern. Incidentally, Wendy and I went on a factory tour of the Morgan car factory, just a few weeks ago and it is well worth a visit.  The guided tour takes about two hours and you see every stage of building Morgan cars from start to finish. There is a small museum and cafeteria you can visit as well as a gift shop. It is £15 per person, but you have to book it on the Morgan Cars website. Anyway getting back to the topic. If you haven't seen these two programmes you can watch them on BBC i player. Building Cars Live Part One and Part Two. Well worth watching

• Like 1

Yes James May does go on a bit, but he's a nice guy, as is Richard Hammond (who has just taken delivery of one of the limited edition of 250 Morgan Plus 8 Coupe models). As for fisty Jerremy Clarkeson, we lost Top Gear and he dragged the other two down with him to Amazon Prime. 

• Like 1

Hi Geoff,

To be honest I liked all three presenters, sadly the BBC killed the golden goose. I am looking forward to seeing the new show when it becomes available. I will give the new top gear a chance, but I loath Chris Evans.

Regards

Alan 

Same here Alan, not keen on Chris Evans myself, but let's just see how the new Top Gear takes off. It needs revamping in my opinion, as it was getting a bit boring, seeing celebrities trying to outdo the times on the runway test track. I will miss May & Hammond, but not Clarkeson,

• Like 1