Removing my Calorifier

Guys/Girls a question for you.

I have a Frank Wild Bermuda 34 and am currently carrying out some modernisation to the internal fittings.

I want/have to remove the copper hot water tank (calorifier) from the port side rear quarter due to a bad leak and will be fitting a truma gas/electric water heating system.

My question is..... by disconnecting the copper cylinder and fitting a 'bypass' hose on the engine coolant outlet, WILL THIS CAUSE THE ENGINE (Perkins 4108) TO OVERHEAT DURING CRUISING due to the reduction in coolant water?

Any help here would be much appreciated,

Tony.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Guys/Girls a question for you.

I have a Frank Wild Bermuda 34 and am currently carrying out some modernisation to the internal fittings.

I want/have to remove the copper hot water tank (calorifier) from the port side rear quarter due to a bad leak and will be fitting a truma gas/electric water heating system.

My question is..... by disconnecting the copper cylinder and fitting a 'bypass' hose on the engine coolant outlet, WILL THIS CAUSE THE ENGINE (Perkins 4108) TO OVERHEAT DURING CRUISING due to the reduction in coolant water?

Any help here would be much appreciated,

Tony.

Link the coolant pipes together top up the coolant tank and all will be fine.

• Like 1

Thanks one and all.

I've managed to un-plumb the calorifier and link the two ends together as described above with little or no issue at all. Topped up with anti freeze and ready to go again.

Started to take the other pipe work off the copper tank now and shortly remove it etc.

No issues with battery compartment as that's under the rear step and on the other side of the boat to the tank, but thanks guys/girls, any advice is helpful when you've not tackled anything like this before.

Many Thanks again, Tony.

• Like 2