Perkins Marine Diesel Engine(s) MC42

We've replaced our engine. The old one was working fine but being a shared boat with about 40 weeks use a year we thought it was time to upgrade.

The one (two) for sale is a Perkins Marine Diesel Engine MC42 (104-19) complete with two 70amp alternators (one of them new); a new starter motor; lots of gauges etc.

Full description on eBay including the second engine which is included in the price.

I don't know how to make a link but when I Google Perkins Marine Diesel Engine MC42 (104-19) in either Safari or Firefox the ebay ad comes up second on the list.

Roy

lightningcruiser.com

2 hours ago, webntweb said:

We've replaced our engine. The old one was working fine but being a shared boat with about 40 weeks use a year we thought it was time to upgrade.

The one (two) for sale is a Perkins Marine Diesel Engine MC42 (104-19) complete with two 70amp alternators (one of them new); a new starter motor; lots of gauges etc.

Full description on eBay including the second engine which is included in the price.

I don't know how to make a link but when I Google Perkins Marine Diesel Engine MC42 (104-19) in either Safari or Firefox the ebay ad comes up second on the list.

Roy

lightningcruiser.com

Hi Roy,

Here is a link to your syndicates advert.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Perkins-Marine-Diesel-Engine-MC42-104-19-/252279998296?hash=item3abd0f4758:g:RCEAAOSwezVWt1gi

If the add is correct with 7300 hours use, the boat must have been moored up for most of its life, taking into account the number of years it has been in service.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to add the link.

The engine hour counter was reset when the reconditioned engine was installed after the previous engine (also a reconditioned unit) decided it had had enough.

It equates to about 8 years use at approximately 40 weeks per year.

regards

Roy

• 1 month later...