Oulton Broad

Shirley

Coincidentally, Shirley, my father sponsored the next recorded sheep roast, winter of 1964 I think it was. Re that photo of 1891 it might be worthwhile asking Ivan Bunn at the record office if he knows who is in the picture or does he know someone who might. Not much that Ivan doesn't know about Oulton Broad, an amazing source of information and a thoroughly decent bloke, can't believe that he won't help if he can. Another option would be to ask the local newspaper, the Lowestoft Journal, to publish the picture and ask if any of the readers knows or has information, the editor likes that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Hi, actually it was Ivan who did the digital download and when talking to him on the phone he asked if I knew if my great grandfather was on the photo.  Not sure I would be allowed to have it published anywhere as I bought it for personal use only.  However my husband and I will be in the area next month for a couple of days so I am hoping to pop into the Lowestoft Record Office and will try to speak to Ivan.  We will also go to the Commodore Inn as well to see if they have any historic photos.