Left High And Dry !

Hi All,

Nope nothing to do with boats, but a lot to do with my riser recliner chair, that was! Saturday evening watching the snooker laid back as is the norm in said chair, the call of nature beckons and I duely press the button to move my chair up. This is does as usual, however, on my return the said chair, would not budge:norty: know matter how I pressed the buttons, ziltch...hee haw! Aye left high n dry !

The motor has packed in, so decisions made, I have ordered two new leather burgundy ones, hopefully arriving before we journey down to the Spring Meet! Not long now till I am able to put a few more faces to screen names.:)

cheersIain

Hi Iain,

It is more than likely the control buttons, if you take it apart you should see that the buttons are made of a two part rubber that have graphite (or similar) adhered to the rubber, this tends to wear off, I have stuck tin foil to each side which makes the switch operable again.

Regards

Alan 

Hi Alan,

That was my first check, its the motor, it had been making some weird and wonderful noises of late, before then, the motor was a very quiet piece of kit. The original single motor one is also on its last legs, so two dual ones are ordered.

cheersIain

37 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Iain,

Nothing wrong with getting a replacement or two.

Regards

Alan

Yes, rule number one, look after number one...... me!!! Burgundy leather looks nice for a change also. One thing I have learned with arthur it is ....make yourself as comfortable as is possible.

cheersIain

• Like 1