Battery's Or Bog??

dnks! been looking at size, can't seem to find two answers that agree on size, there are just the two of us and I don't mind if it only last a week, the ready made one I'm looking at is 103ltr roughly 22.5 gallons, we use shore based when we can but I'm still not sure 103ltr will be big enough so I might have to have one made to measure as thetre's plenty of space where it's going,,

Mowjo I think a full weeks use before needing pumping out would be ideal.  I think the one I fitted could have been a 9 gallon and that lasted 2/3 days of constant use by 2 people (although we did consume a lot of lager!) 22.5 gal is probably more like it. 

One other tip which you may already know but i will mention just incase is to make sure the tank has a 38mm vent outlet fitted (especially if its a plastic tank). If the vent blocks during a pumpout the tank will likely implode, I understood it as a thinner pipe is more at risk to blocking than a thicker one if that makes any sense!   

5 hours ago, Mowjo said:

dnks! been looking at size, can't seem to find two answers that agree on size, there are just the two of us and I don't mind if it only last a week, the ready made one I'm looking at is 103ltr roughly 22.5 gallons, we use shore based when we can but I'm still not sure 103ltr will be big enough so I might have to have one made to measure as thetre's plenty of space where it's going,,

Hi Frank,

We have two tanks on Ranworth Breeze, the smallest is 98ltr which is under the bed in the aft cabin for the ensuite bathroom. This has always lasted us a week for our allocations, fit an level indicator on the tank, they do not give too much warning, they always seem to go from green to red without hardly lighting the amber.

Regards

Alan