Where Is It?

JennyMorgan

This one is currently on E-Bay & described as being Beccles. Well, do you think that it is? If not where then? I recognise several of the boats, one of which is Fine Waters from Fowlers of Oulton Broad. I helped build her back in the 1960's. Her hull was bought from a company called Tremletts, she was hot moulded, laminated agba, very strong and very light which we thought ideal for a hireboat. She was very popular with a high rate of re-bookings. The only downside that we had with was that the end-grain of the planks against the decks tended to rot rather quickly and yours truly spent many an hour setting in new timber. I was sorry to see her go but she took up a lot of hard work, she was the last wooden boat that  Fowlers was to build if I remember rightly. She's the white hulled, grey topped boat in the middle of the picture.

BECCLES TWO.jpg

• Like 3

Here she is on Craig's List. Only a little boat by modern standards and now she might be sold as a picnic boat but back in the 1960's she was a 'honey mooner' which is probably why, middle of the day (?), her curtains are all drawn in the post card picture!

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Boat_Details&BoatHistory=11722&BoatId=7091