Toad In The Hole Part 6 Of Cooking On The Corsican ...

CheshireCat

There is only two of us so we had two sausages and their remaining batter.,  I have put the left overs in the freezer for another day, being an old scrooge.     I must say this, that despite it looking very heavy we both commented how light it was and not as filling as you would imagine. It was just right.   I used 4 large farm eggs.   Speaking of which if anyone lives in the Beccles area you cannot beat the fresh eggs from Clinks Care Farm at Toftmonks.     I get two dozen every month.      The yolks are the colour they should be and not insipid looking.   They dont only sell fresh farm eggs but their own grass fed lamb and pork and lots of fresh veg.   

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:55 AM, Hylander said:

There is only two of us so we had two sausages and their remaining batter.,  I have put the left overs in the freezer for another day, being an old scrooge.     I must say this, that despite it looking very heavy we both commented how light it was and not as filling as you would imagine. It was just right.   I used 4 large farm eggs.   Speaking of which if anyone lives in the Beccles area you cannot beat the fresh eggs from Clinks Care Farm at Toftmonks.     I get two dozen every month.      The yolks are the colour they should be and not insipid looking.   They dont only sell fresh farm eggs but their own grass fed lamb and pork and lots of fresh veg.   

Yes people all think that batter is going to be very heavy but that is the lightest batter you could ever make , i'v been making it for 40 years and everyone that comes and eats it with me wants to no how to make it so that speaks for its self ...

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 6:55 AM, Hylander said:

Crumbs I have just read this back and realised what I should have said was:-       There is only two of us and so the two remaining sausages and the batter I have put into the freezer.       My first sentence just didn't make any sense,   I know so whats new.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...