Perfect Timing

ZimbiIV

I don't believe it, 25 posts and still mainly on topic.

We have landline for Jill to phone her brother for an hour/week I dread to thing how much that would cost on mobile (they will not use skype) he lives on Vancouver Island.

Total package is £42 including fibre/all calls and call blocking.

paul

not sure what to make of this coincidence ?

they must be psychic

I opened my emails today to find ......

We'll help to reduce nuisance calls for free with BT Call Protect

Hello,

We want to help you get rid of annoying nuisance calls. That's why we've upgraded your personal voicemail to give you BT Call Protect. It's completely free and it's quick and simple to customise. And here's all the information you're going to need. There's no other product around like it, and we've designed it exclusively to help our customers.

What is BT Call Protect?

It's a clever, handy new service, which you can manage online or through your home phone. It looks at the types of calls you're getting, to help stop the nuisance ones coming through to you. It also lets you choose which calls you want to take and which ones you want to send straight to a junk voicemail. When you get a nuisance call, you can send future calls from this number to your junk voicemail by either going to MyBT, or by dialling 1572.

How does it work with BT Answer 1571 and Call Minder?

As part of the upgrade, we've also given you two extra features that'll work alongside your personal voicemail service, which you'll find more about below. And don't worry, your BT Answer 1571 or Call Minder service will carry on working as normal. Here's what you'll get.

VIP - Make sure your important calls are never sent to your junk voicemail - irrespective of your other settings.

Do Not Disturb - If you don't want to be disturbed by callers at certain times of the day, you can use your Do Not Disturb feature. When it's on, all your wanted calls will be sent to your personal voicemail (1571/Call Minder). Unwanted calls will carry on going to your junk voicemail (1572).

How does it work?

BT Call Protect helps you to manage your calls in three ways.

BT blacklist - We've identified a list of nuisance callers. Calls from these numbers will be sent to your junk voicemail. Our blacklist will significantly cut the amount of unwanted calls you get. And we'll turn it on by default when you get BT Call Protect.

Personal blacklist - You can add the last call you answered (from your home phone) or any other phone number at bt.com/btcallprotect to your own blacklist. So that any future calls from those numbers also go to your junk voicemail. This feature will be switched on too, but won?t have any numbers until you add some.

Individual call types - You can choose to send all calls from certain categories to your junk voicemail. The three call types are:

International numbers

Withheld numbers

Unrecognised numbers (shown as unavailable on caller display or on 1471)

We have number recognition so only answer proper numbers.  If in doubt we don't answer it and if it is genuine they would leave a message (one hopes)

That said the doctor doesn't display a number - more I suspect for patient confidentiality and strictly speaking shouldn't leave a message but they do have my mobile number!

:wave i get most of my spam calls from my mobile more than the home phone,  i downloaded one of those apps to stop unknown numbers calling where you just add the unknown number to their book ,but it kept blocking all unknown numbers which is not good, as my doctor called to have a chat about my medication & it cut me off & my home was'nt working properly so had to get rid of app quickly then phone docs back, what a pain, & these calls are usually about ppi grrrr.  lori