Cummins mercruiser problem

Hi dont know if anyone can help I have a Bayliner 3055 fitted with twin Cummins Mercruiser 250 hp diesels. Starboard engine now has a green indicator light flashing on the dash, although the engine starts ok it seems to be in some sort of safe mode as it will not rev under load above 1500 rpm any idears?

Obviously the ECU thinks there is something wrong even if there isn't, about all you can do yourself is check that all the sensors are nicely connected, you could try the old trick of swapping components from one lump to the other starting with the ECU. Failing that it's the Cummins man with his laptop and diagnostic software I'm afraid.

Guest chriscraft

hi, bob,

i was enquiring about some mercruiser parts for my engines ,and your problem came up in conversation,i ,ll post the detatls here fore everyone,s info,

cummins said that Prior diesels of gt yarmouth on 01493 441383 have the software for your engine,ask for gordon, or nigel haylet.

cheers trev

Gary at Brundall Marine Services, Brundall Bay, 01603 714372, has just done a complete rebuild on our D4.2L D-Tronic (required through utter lack of use by the previous owner).

Phil