Arachninvasion! Seal Up Those Gaps!

addicted

4 minutes ago, Boaters said:

Took ou curtains home ( 16 on our Bounty 28  )  absolutely covered in spider spots,started thinking of replacing them ,but I tackled them with a toothbrush and then Diane soaked  them in the bath in a mixture of Arial and Ace then into the washing machine and virtually all spots gone.Since found Astonish spot treatment worked in with a brush on fixed fabric on the boat has had results . Wish we could find a good repellent? 

Perhaps Wildfuzz could lend you his cat.

• Haha 1

Ah ha! I have found my resident spider. I have just started on my Winter project and am ridding my sitting room of the misguided décor (flipping  crappy rough plaster rubbish on my chimney breast and walls either side which looked like something you would get in a tarted pub). The previous owner of my house was obviously somewhat misguided and possibly demented!

I just got half way down one of the alcoves and nearly squashed my resident spider into the wet plaster. The blighter had obviously come to inspect my work in his house. As I am better at getting plastered than plastering I suspect he was not impressed. Polly filler is a wonderful product for a crappy plasterer such as myself!  

9 hours ago, Boaters said:

Took ou curtains home ( 16 on our Bounty 28  )  absolutely covered in spider spots,started thinking of replacing them ,but I tackled them with a toothbrush and then Diane soaked  them in the bath in a mixture of Arial and Ace then into the washing machine and virtually all spots gone.Since found Astonish spot treatment worked in with a brush on fixed fabric on the boat has had results . Wish we could find a good repellent? 

That sounds an awful lot of work. I have found that just washing the curtains normally has done the trick. Last month I found the bathroom curtains badly spotted so hand washed them and that worked ok too. Maybe you have particularly c****y spiders, what do you feed them on?:default_smile:

Tried thar Vaessan ,but our “ ink “ was very stubborn and  we had to resort to  extreme  methods to achieve an acceptable result..The Bounty with its  sliding roof and many gaps  is not the easiest boat to protect from  “visitors “ :default_2gunsfiring_v1: