Current River Levels

NonTecky

We are picking up Mercury Emblem from our favourite yard tomorrow! WooHoo!!!! There is a funny yellow thing appearing in the forecast too!

I have seen the flood alerts etc and comments on FB, Just enquiring of any kind locals as to potential bridge issues!

Our plan at the moment is to head South on Saturday morning and I have fingers crossed that between the wind, rain, tides, barometric pressure and all the other things that impact such things that we will have the 8,6 required at those darn bridges! (and St.Olaves)  ... Any first hand knowledge welcome!

We are also hoping to get under Ludham Bridge next week to go and see our friends who have moved their shop from Womak to Stalham.

• Like 1

Don't let the gauge at ludham put you off, moor up and walk under with a tape measure on the lowest corner before turning back as you will likely still have about 5-6 inches extra, it's handy when there is a walkway both sides of the bridge.

• Like 1

One good thing about boating when the rivers are high is that you actually learn your boats height... I know I can get under ludham bridge when the waters over the footpath so in the summer I don't even blink.

All seriousness though, I understand that there the rivers are very high at the moment and are breaking their banks, It looks like Beccles flooded yesterday.  I would discuss with your boat yard before venturing too far and proceed only if where you are comfortable.   Also take some wellies!  

I've had customers reporting that the fens is having problems too, also the upper thames is currently a no go zone as the river  streams are too strong.   The medway here is the same but that's nothing unusual as the EA just flood the place for the fun of it. 

• Like 2