Replacement Compass

At Whitsun, the bubble in the top of my das hmopunted compass grew at an alarming rate until there was no oil left. Time for a new one methinks.

After searching the internet a bit, I contacted marinecompasses.co.uk (chap called Ian). Unfortunately they no longer could get hold of the Rule model that would have been an almost exact replacement, so after a lot of investigation, box opening and measuring, Ian recommended the Suunto F-95. It turned up Monday and fits a treat, so if you need a replacement it's worth giving them a look.

Haven't even fitted it yet David. That's this weekend's project while SWMBO is gunking the engine bay :naughty: .

It comes with a deviation card and some compensators, but I am thinking this might be the subject of an entirely new thread .... :?

It comes with a deviation card and some compensators, but I am thinking this might be the subject of an entirely new thread .... :?

I can forsee a lot of posting coming up whilst you get that sorted out!

No need for a new thread though, there is plenty of room left in this one.

Good Luck!

Martin