1 Careful Owner

dnks34

What I would want to know, before putting in an offer. is what are the engine hours?

3 hours ago, dnks34 said:

Reading the first section of the description, if shes so good why are they selling her?

Perhaps they are finely admitting that they got it wrong, good boat but not for the job in hand, like what us experts thought from day one!

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-21783000

According to this source Spirit of Breydon cost 115k in 2013.  Its lasted a little over 6 years and if it sold for the asking price (not very likely) after brokerage fees it will have lost the Authority not far off 40k.  This is not to mention any maintenance costs for the rumoured engine failure(s) suffered whilst in service. 

I also think its questionable that the Authority have placed it in Brokerage needlessly wasting up to 8% plus vat of its sales price when they most probably have the resources to dispose of it in house.  If it came to it I assume a broker like Boatshed being online would be cheaper, its not like the BA are stuck for a mooring while it sells is it? 

(I take it back Boatshed charges 8%)