broads suncharm

andyg

hi guys. just returned from a very enjoyable four days afloat on one off the best boats weve ever hired, cant seem to get my laptop too upload photos but just as soon as iv worked it out il post the pics and a few words, rite now wheres that club hammer that should sort out the problem with the camera. :naughty:

well here goes never done this before so please excuse my spelling and grama.

our hols really started on sunday with a slow drive up to horning to book our table at the new inn for that night. arriving in horning we took a slight detour up ferry road to see what had been done to the pub. WOW!! we were totally shock at the sheer amount of traffic trying to park at the pub, the carpark was full so tried to park in the swiming pool car park next to the ferry. we didnt even manage to get out of the car before we were moved on by a member of staff from the pool.( so much for local firms helping each other, the pool car park was empty) anyway park in the lane and walked up to the pub, the place was packed never seen it so busy. had a quick look round inside the carvery table and all the veg looked really nice loads of folk eating. we were really happy to see the old place open and bursting at the seems again, just how we remembered it, off down to the new inn which was much qiuteter then our trip in april guess thats down to the ferry being open again table booked for 8pm now off to the wroxham hotel to check in. thats where il leave any further comment on the wroxham hotel.. returned to the new inn for our meal to find gus and his chums having a few pints out on the decking ( nothing changes) so we decided to eat outside ann ( my wife) had the cromer crab and prawns i had smoothered chicken we both enjoyed the food.. had a couple more pints and let the wife drive back to wroxham ( i no im too good to her letting her drive :naughty::naughty: ) back to the place i wont mention again for a night cap and some well earnt snoring. did you pack your ear plugs dear. :naughty:

hi smokesmate (andy) il have too keep this short and sweet as it seems iv got a hard drive prob with my lap top. suncharm was great for the two of us loads of space ultra modern galley with all mod cons.the shower again was first class. the heating system is brilliant instant hot water, we found the radiators worked well and made thoses chilly morns nice and comfy the hot air blower in the saloon wasnt that good. the rear cabin is a really good size with loads of space,the island type bed was nice and a big plus is not being stuck half under the deck. the saloon again is a good size with a nice flat screen tv and hi fi all worked really well. had too use the pull out bed in the saloon due my snoring and i found it more comfy then the rear double just my opinion tho. we have hired two over boats of this design braemore and swordfish and imho suncharm is streets ahead. boat handling she drives just like any other floating barth tub but iv hired so many now im used to them, suncharm seems be to under powered but this might be down to a small throtal problem we had. just a few minus points and it would be good to hear from clive if any other customers have said anything. one wardrobe for 5, felt their was enough room aboard to of built another one. the white roll down window covers on the front screens. didnt like them at all, they hadnt been cleaned on turn around and were pretty grim didnt discover this untill the second night.pop on curtains inside would of been better.( you need to make sure their cleaned clive, the guys on sunray 2 next to us had the same prob) and thats about it really. the service from rickos and the welcome from everyone at the yard was as good as ever we were away early about 1.30 i think. my wife totally loved this boat for its layout, standard of fittings,well just about everything really and i wiould have to agree with her. she spent many an hour behind the wheel and shes never done that before, she even took us out of our moorings at geldstone lock using the bow thruster :clap . we have today re booked for a week this time on the same boat for next april and cant wait..

Thanks for the review andy,we really can't wait for our holiday on suncharm next year.

Its been a long time since i've been on the broads,so i'll be a novice again.We want to cruise to yarmouth and i'd like to visit wroxham but i suppose we'll draw up an itinary nearer the time.

regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

There is never enough storage onboard a boat and the more wardrobes you put in the more space you loose around you, but yes, I get your point...

I will make sure the blinds are clean :oops: I suppose a roller blind inside would be better, the problem with buttons on curtains is that when you cant reach the corner button it tends to get ripped.

Glad you enjoyed the boat. cheersbar

hi clive, and thanks for the reply we really did enjoy the boat :grin: and will be back in april. see your point re the curtains. but the inside curtain is a better idea. the guy that took us on our trail run was one of the chippys who had worked on the boat during the build and you could see he was proud of his work and the boat. good to have a work force like that. the boat was moored just across from your wet shed and i couldnt quite see B.V is she finished and have you been out in her yet?. was going to have a walk round to the shed to take a peek but didnt think it would be ok as its private moorings. wanted to see dans handy work with the paint brush aswell.. only joking dan..

Hi Andy,

we have a great workforce with every right to be proud of their work cheersbar

you would not have seen Broadsventure as she is not there, she will be back in a week or two to try and sneak in a new gas bin and bits and bobs so I can get out on her for a bit this year.