Kites!`

Guest Jupiter Mist

Hi all...

sorry this is not boat related as such, and I know that someone will help with all the knowledge that is here on the forum.

I have just had a massive garage clearout (very cathartic!!) and discovered an old passion on mine....

I found two of my old stunt kites (flexifoil stranger and physcho :naughty::naughty::naughty: ) that are seriously wicked aviation phenomenons and have not flown for over 6 years, but one of them needs repair!

I can carry our the repairs myself but need to obtain about 2-3 mtrs of 5 mm carbon graphite.

When I lived down south I knew a great repair shop but dont know of anyone here on the east coast.

Can anyone suggest where I might obtain Carbon graphite tubing???

Oh bye the way...this Kite is still the best "boys" toy going, doesnt require batteries either, and is wife friendly!!!

For those who may be interested, here is the demo video from 1994!!! Just cant wait to get her flying again!!! :pirate :pirate :pirate

local knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

LB :pirate :pirate :pirate

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Failing that Leroy, you could always try a fishing tackle shop, as they may sell carbon fibre Fishing rod blanks. They might have the right size?. Regards .............. Neil.

Hi Adam I keep a flexifoil stranger on the boat for when wind keeps us in port and it almost makes up for the lack of boating :) . I had a go at flying a power kite in Southwold last summer and it is now on my birthday wish list.

Jonathan

aaaah Johnathan..you clearly respect the beauty of the Flexifoil stranger (sorry to all those who have no idea what I am talking about, just check out the link on the first post if you are curious)

I also have a "psycho" too ( a baby version) and these toys havent been out for years. And I agree that it does almost make up for the lack of boating!!!! :naughty::naughty::naughty: thanks those for the carbon graphite tips...will be investigating! WIll be "testing" the "pshyco " over the weekend and if ican get the other repaired in time, that too. Strupid of me really. we have the best kiting conditions right on our doorstep and I had put them to bed!

Thankyou trev...no post, whether a telegraph pole or marker post of any kind is safe when Leroy bling has either a boat, kite or any other device that involves any mechanical movement!

cheers

Lord Bling! :pirate :pirate :pirate

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, It`s amazing how many people STILL think that kiting is kids stuff. About 10 years ago, i was working at Cambridge airport, and one of the guys used to do some sort of kite flying, but either with a surf board, or one of those buggy things. One day, he decided to have a quick go without the buggy/board, and was lifted about 30ft into the air, and dragged about 50 yds on his ****. He eventually sustained a broken arm and collar bone, and skinned his ****. Not exactly kids stuff eh?. Have any of you guys had any accidents with them, or near misses of any kind?. Regards to all .................... Neil.