Hi to all.

Guest bing-bong

Hello there,

I come from Burgh St. Peter, and have a 18' Acquaviva, hope to see you on the river soon, whether under steam or fishing. :grin:

Little Mink II, 959S although it's only just been stickered up. I was down there last saturday, launched and had a jolly up to geldeston. I havn't got any photo's on this harddrive but I will upload some when I get home. Whats your vessel called?

Thanks for the welcomes, looks like a healthy gathering down at WRC. I'll be down there at about 1.00pm on Saturday to launch and wander off up river. Maybe see you down there. :wave

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Bing bong, welcome from me too. There`s a forum meet at Beccles in June, which is advertised in the "Norfolk Broads events" section. Why not bring the boat along and join in the fun?. Regards ...................Neil.

Hi Bing bong, welcome from me too. There`s a forum meet at Beccles in June, which is advertised in the "Norfolk Broads events" section. Why not bring the boat along and join in the fun?. Regards ...................Neil.

That sounds like a plan, I'll have to check the date. Thanks.

I don't know if this is the right place, I'm sorry if it isn't but I thought I'd post a picture of my little tub.

post-1192-136713810508_thumb.jpg

cheersbar

Must be hard work keeping her down to 6mph!!! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

I turn the engine off when the wind is favourable, let that blow me down the river. :lol:

It's got a Yamaha 60hp two stroke on the back, autolube, power tilt trim. 1800 rpm equates to 5.5 knots, 5400rpm about 27 knots, will do 30 knots on a good day. It's suprisingly economical. The previous owner looked into fitting a four stroke, and worked out that it would cost more to run, with the servicing cost etc. He used it for fishing round the Isle of Wight. Last weekend I run from WRC to Geldeston and back and I'll be surprised if it used 10 litres.

I'm looking forward to this afternoon when I can get her wet again. :dance:dance

Darren.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

An interresting point regarding the 4 stroke motor. I have a Mercury 7.5, which is considerably light than the old 7.5 i used to have. I`ve looked at new 4 stroke alternatives, but a comparable 4 stroke motor is heavier and dimensionally much bigger, so i could`nt get the equivelent size 4 stroke to fit in the inboard outboard well on my Pandora International. Add that to the fact they are much more expensive to buy, and more labour intensive and expensive to service, plus (i`ve heard) they have to be stored in an upright position, rendering the outboard locker useless, it makes the older 2 strokes a lot more convenient. That explains why what good used examples that are found can be very expensive. Regards .............. Neil.

An interresting point regarding the 4 stroke motor. I have a Mercury 7.5, which is considerably light than the old 7.5 i used to have. I`ve looked at new 4 stroke alternatives, but a comparable 4 stroke motor is heavier and dimensionally much bigger, so i could`nt get the equivelent size 4 stroke to fit in the inboard outboard well on my Pandora International. Add that to the fact they are much more expensive to buy, and more labour intensive and expensive to service, plus (i`ve heard) they have to be stored in an upright position, rendering the outboard locker useless, it makes the older 2 strokes a lot more convenient. That explains why what good used examples that are found can be very expensive. Regards .............. Neil.

Exactly, and when you consider that newer two strokes are running at 100-1 oil ratio, I cant see that the four stoke is any cleaner. On my old boat I used to run an old 25hp Evenrude, which used to gobble fuel at an alarming rate :o , but I really am impressed with the Yamaha's frugality.

Hi from us too.....

We also moored at WRC, Hope to see you about some time.

Grant, Heidi & Luke. :wave

Thanks, I'm sure we will bump into each other :wave