Sanderson Reedham

andyg

Another 1st for us last week, we visited Reedham by road. Its such a lovely spot to just sit and watch the world drift by. We had lunch at the Post office tea room as we didn't fancy a pub lunch and very nice it was. The river was very busy with lots of both hire and private boats out and about. For no particular reason I wanted to see sandersons one last time before it closes for good. I'm amazed the building/ shed is still standing it looks ready to collapse with its roof all sagging in the middle. Quite a sorry sight to be honest the whole yard looks a bit of an eye sore. The guys were busy getting a couple of boats ready to go out on hire, the AF 42 and Hampton and I have to say both boats looked very smart and well presented on the outside unlike most of the boats passing through Reedham. I guess the next time I get to Reedham the site will be a block of apartments. Another bit of my childhood broads memories gone for good. Wishing all the staff the best of luck and hope they find new jobs ASAP. 

• Like 4

I want to get back to Reedham soon as well. We visited by car quite a long time ago now and also enjoyed stopping at the tea room followed by a sit down for a while to watch the boats. Took a walk and saw the bridge swing open and closed. On my list to go back to now the shop is open there. 

3 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I want to get back to Reedham soon as well. We visited by car quite a long time ago now and also enjoyed stopping at the tea room followed by a sit down for a while to watch the boats. Took a walk and saw the bridge swing open and closed. On my list to go back to now the shop is open there. 

We accessed Reedham via branch Road from the A47 opposite the Stacey Arms. That has to be the most uneven road in the whole of the UK lol. My wife thought we were back in Cuba 😁

• Haha 1