Broadland Mrc. Open Day / Show 28 May 2023.

TheQ

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the show and enjoyed it very much. you are a very friendly bunch.

All the layouts were very good and I was amazed at some of the detail work gone into them. Gave me some good ideas for adding to my loft layout.

Was especially impressed with Broad Oak with the detailed lighting and revolving fiddle yard.

Broadland looks like it will be an interesting layout when completed. Especially liked the idea of the balsa wood Wherry running on N gauge track sunk into resin, and the automation of the swing bridge. A layout to look out for at your Stalham show in August.

Dr Loco (John) was very busy !!  but spent quite some time on my dead Flying Scotsman.

Also bought some boxed Oxford Diecast vehicles at very good price.

Many thanks one and all.

• Like 3

Thanks, the show went well, except for the DCC controller on Broadland died, it's not the first time, we've sent it away for repair before. We'll look at a different make replacement.

We had a good attendance, and every one seems to have enjoyed it.

John was extremely busy all day, and as far as I know he managed to get everyone's locos going.

So the show should help fund the club, which we need, as our rent went up 40% this year.

I love our catering these days, the wife of one of the club members is a professional caterer. Her assistance to the club is greatly appreciated.

it also looks like we've sold a layout, which will also help.  Not only that it gives us room to build another layout:default_biggrin:.

We have two layouts near the start of their construction, soon to be three, One nearing its completion, and did have three completed.

The enjoyment of the layouts is both the building and showing. Neither of which you can do unless you can sell layouts to help fund the next one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1