Princess 32

Just the usual John, leaky windows, scruffy untidy interior, rats nest wiring, damaged gelcoat, dirty bilges and the like, signs of neglected maintaiance. Really does it appear well cared for and does he like the cut of its jib, after that leave it to the surveyor and oil analysis to throw up anything worrying, Princess and even the earlier project 32 are well found boats.

This may interest him.

http://steve-insightmarinesurveyor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/princess-32-motor-cruiser.html

Thanks, David.. I just asked him about her and here's his reply:

Thanks JR..some good info..sounds like a good old girl then. It is to be used to live on for my 9 days off every month.Our daughter lives next to Bates Wharf marina in Chertsey and we plan to spend the time with her to see our little grandson.The boat is lying in Worchester ,,Upton-upon-Severn. It has osmosis and the guy has dropped the price to 9000 due to this.It can be used as is .Interior still looks great.76 model with Volvo MD21 pentas. We weighed up the costs and too expensive to transport our classic up from the Med so decided to look for another boat to keep in the UK for our visiting purposes and to enjoy some inland exploring.

At that price, and if the rest is OK then there's plenty of scope for a gelcoat strip and epoxy coat or even localised repair then John. Still, a survey would throw up any other potentially costly issues like sterndrive problems too so worth having one anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Show me a boat of that age that doesn't have Osmosis, and if it hasn't got it yet it will get it at some point.

£9000 must be a real bargain for a P32, I fancied one when I bought my boat but back then (7 years ago) the cheapest P32's went for about £20k with a petrol engine and anything in decent shape with diesels was £25k to £30k.

• 2 weeks later...