worth fishing? cold

brandenjg

Hi everyone, i was wondering what fishing is like this time of year? I'm normally a sit in the sun with a few pints and a line in the water sort of fisherman, but i'm thinking of going fishing this weekend so i imagine the fishing will be different. Was wondering if the fish are still active and if theres any specific breeds i'll be more likely to catch in november. Thanks in advance Brandenjg

This time of year the fish congregate up the wensum in the city,carrow bridge up to pulls ferry the best,plenty of roach ,bream and of course the pike are very obliging,best spots for the pike are,near the novi sadd bridge and further up at the turning basin.

Well.... I went fishing for about 17 hours on ledger & a float rod without even a single bite :( I decided to fish at the mooring with the float near the boats and the ledger into the entrance of the basin using my normal white and red maggots as bait with a little ground bait thrown in for good measure. After 10 hours i packed away the float rod and tried piking for a few hours with no luck again.

Twas a very dissapointing weekends fishing, but I still enjoyed relaxing on the boat and visits into city for some shopping ( which took ages due to the EDL march blocking off most of the city centre). It's fair to say I'm not a die hard fisherman with my short attention span, so I think I'll stick to summer fishing with a pint and a bbq. :pirate