Connoiseur cruisers Wroxham

RedRover

I saw it on the NBF today that some chap was talking to an ex engineer at Acle and he said Connoiseur cruisers are looking for another place to moor there boats as Wroxham bridge is getting difficult to go thro due to flooding and constant high waters i have just moved to there yard this year.doh. also Potter Heigham bridge is sinking on one side.

Connoiseur`s yard is regulary underwater, along with their workshops.

But where could they move too ?

With all the strict planning restrictions, now in place, they have got their work cut out to find another location.

there is a yard in horning as you come past cockshoot dyke round the left hand bend there is a narrow dyke on the right of the river when i took a visit down there to try and get some diesel there was an alpha moored there in a poor state wich is up for sale on waterside marine sales.

now this could be another part of there company but big enough to rent or take over

I am not at all surprised by the fact that they are looking to move, we regularly stay in the appartments on the Bridge at Wroxham and witness the difficulty the poor yard staff have in getting craft back through after a hire period, often waiting till after hours for low water and having to flood the boats bilges to get them through, using what looks like an old wooden hulled broads cruiser which has been converted to a work boat complete with some pretty hefty pumping gear.

Julz :wave

Hi Jonny

The dyke you refer to is the Dyke down to the old F.B. Wilds boatyard where Bermuda and Carribeans and such were berthed in their hire days, even perhaps your Calypso although I don't know her parentge.If you have been down the dyke you may have seen an overgrown bungalow that is where Frank Wild used to live. Have a look on Dan Horner's great web site about the yard in its prime. I can't give you a link as I don't know how :oops:

Hi Julz

Taken last summer thats how they do it

post-133-136713395968_thumb.jpg

post-133-136713395976_thumb.jpg

Hi Jonny

The dyke you refer to is the Dyke down to the old F.B. Wilds boatyard where Bermuda and Carribeans and such were berthed in their hire days, even perhaps your Calypso although I don't know her parentge.If you have been down the dyke you may have seen an overgrown bungalow that is where Frank Wild used to live. Have a look on Dan Horner's great web site about the yard in its prime. I can't give you a link as I don't know how :oopps

Jonny, at first I was surprised that with your comprehensive knowledge of the Broads you didn't know that was F.B.Wilds' dyke :shocked - but then I realised it just shows how old I am :oops: . I used to go on holiday with my parents and family on Caribbeans and Bermudas in the late 60s/early 70s, and Wilds had a large and dominant hire fleet in those days - they changed the face of Broads boating, and Curlew is in a way a product of that revolution. The link is: http://fbwilds.horning.org.uk. Worth a look.

I think there are private moorings there now, but I'm not going to try to go down the dyke to check!

Bruce

Jonny, at first I was surprised that with your comprehensive knowledge of the Broads you didn't know that was F.B.Wilds' dyke :shocked

Be me pal

we've neva hired with anyother yard apart from HB and now Richardson's this coming August.

it dint look too bad and i did see that bungalow to the left as you come down the dyke very nice i wounder who owns it now