HIckling Regatta

Does anybody have any information about the Hickling village regatta for 2013?  I've never taken part, but I've heard that it's a fun, informal regatta where sailing is a bit of an afterthought once the drinking is done.  I've also heard it's usually in early August.  Anybody know dates/times and how to enter/take part?

Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure it helps much unfortunately.  :unsure:  

HBSC run regular races for dinghies, and have (I think) three regattas during the year, but the village regatta is something else, much less formal and based at the Pleasureboat rather than the sailing club.  

I'll keep searching.

• 3 weeks later...

Hickling Broad Village Regatta 10th and 11th August, at the Pleasure Boat Inn Hickling. Traditional regatta, cruisers, half deckers, punts, dinghies and rowing boats.

Usual form is a brief opening, followed by an opening brief, generally between 10 and 10.30 Sat a.m., but it's Hickling and timing is delightfully flexible, and the whole event is amongst the most laid-back on the Broads, wonderfully free of any stuffiness whatsoever.

Hope this helps....

• Like 1