Registration

Soundings

Having just purchased an excellent boat from a well known yard (Hi Clive  :wave ). I suddenly thought that I will have to license same. Presumably the BA will charge me for an entire year even though it is now Feb and there are only two months left? If I am correct this seems grossly unfair and are there any options? Or is it that the existing license will cover the last couple of months?

Thanks

Colin

....Presumably the BA will charge me for an entire year even though it is now Feb and there are only two months left? If I am correct this seems grossly unfair and are there any options? Or is it that the existing license will cover the last couple of months?....

As DF has already replied, an existing BA toll license remaining on the boat is automatically transfered to the new owner, since the toll "belongs" to the boat, rather than the owner.

Also, the BA do not charge for a full year after January either, but give a 50% reduction.

http://www.broads-authority.gov.uk/boating/tolls-and-registration/other-tolls.html

You will need a minimum of third party insurance and you need to check that it has a current valid BSS certificate though. (4 yearly renewal).

the only people that can give you the correct information re license is the local water/ licence authority ..

then if there is any probs it can be pointed in there direction

they are not that bad yer know and are always willing to help

its only a couple orf numpties that cock it up in that office yer know

no harm to ask ..........

if yer workin on it you can get a excempt form etc if yer ask them ......

up the ba I say .................

your choice yer tell them to stick it .......?????

ohhh ..... phun them mon to Friday 9am /4.30pm to get an person

just a thourgth ..........only my views ......

talk to the broads auhtrater they don,t bite .......

the only people that can give you the correct information re license is the local water/ licence authority ..

Fully agree with 650xs on that. I have always found the BA very helpful on these issues. Extra bit that might be of use to some is that if you have to buy a short visit icence whilst waiting for the BA to issue a new one year license they will refund the cost of the SVL.

• Like 1