Fishing

Guest SteveB

Hi All

First time on the broads in a couple of weeks, i am planning on just taking a few bits of takle i.e. a pole rather than a rod, is this OK ??

Also i am only probably going to be on the northern broads, i have a rod licence but do i need any other licence to fish the northern rivers and broads.

Regards

Steve

:wave

No problem with the pole as long as you don't mind lifting it a lot. Remember boats still need to get through and if you are fishing from the boat you are already 12' out. Not so up on the North, some places do ban fishing from the quay but allow it from the boat.

Ian

You needn't use a big pole, a cheap whip around 5-6 metres would be fine if you don't want to leger or use a float rod, a big pole on a boat is a struggle, you don't always need to fish miles from the boat. A lot of the decent fish I've caught have come from a rod length out !

Just enjoy it and don't forget to let us know how you get on! :)

Thanks All

I realise that there will be lot of boat traffic and i will probably only use a couple of sections of the pole anyway, having said that ill probably end up taking a float and ledger rod anyway, i had plans of travelling light but you cant cut back on fishing gear can you :dance

Steve

Now let me see, Fishing tackle or cloths, food and of course the beer mmmmmm no competition load the tackle.. :-D , but of course take a spare set of cloths and a packet of crisps just in case, I always pack the feeder rod first but everyone is different, All that counts is you have a great time and catch a few whoppers or tiddlers .. cheersbar:Stinky go baby go