Has anyone been toThe Shed Pub at Wroxham?

SweetKingfisher1

I found on line today a pub in Wroxham called The Shed it's on the peninsula across from between Brinks and the hotel. Has anyone been there and if so what is it like?

In this weather I wish I was up on the boat cruising on the broads. To all you up there enjoy and it look good for next week also.

Regards

Marina    :Stinky

Hi Marina

I was in the Shed about a month ago. As you say it’s on the Peninsula between Faircraft Loynes yard and what was I believe, the old Moores yard, now a private marina. It was set up a few years ago now by a guy who developed a patent system for storing real ale. This made it possible for up to around 50 real ales to be on sale at the same time and created something of a beer haven. The Shed was closed for a while and has now changed hands offering a much reduced number of real ales including, for some inexplicable reason, Bankss bitter as a regular offering. There is a pool table and Sky TV.

The Shed has created a degree of controversy in the past not least for the beer storage system and the somewhat tolerant policies of the previous operator which led to some friction with nearby residents and boat owners. However this seems to have settled down somewhat recently. There have also been issues with the licence and planning permission.

Decent beer is a bit thin on the ground in Wroxham and Hoveton and with the demise of the excellent Castle the Shed remains the only outlet in Wroxham. It’s a pleasant enough place and worth a visit. Just keep the noise down if you go at night! :naughty: 

post-38-0-52928900-1405627396_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-88671400-1405627427_thumb.jpg

• Like 1