Turkey parsnip and apple burgers.

SPEEDTRIPLE

This is something i`d thought up after Karen and i had lunch at Kingston Lacey last year. I got the idea after having a bowl of homemade Parsnip and Apple soup at the restaurant, which i enjoyed, so started to mull things over about making something using those ingreadients.

500 kg of lean Turkey mince.

1 medium sized parsnip peeled.

1 Granny smith apple, cored.

Salt and ground black pepper to taste

Optional herbs of your choice.

Grate the parsnip and apple with a cheese grater in a bowl. Add the seasoning and herbs to your choice and taste. Mix in the raw turkey mince, and roll into a large ball. Slice into 2, then slice each half in 2 again. This will make 4 large burgers, or alternatively, slice each quarter into 2 again making 8 smaller patties. Roll each quarter (or eighth) in flour, and pat down flat. You can keep them in the fridge to allow them to firm up.

Heat some oil or butter of your choice in a non stick frying pan, and fry each side for 1 minute (30 seconds if making small burgers), then grill each side under a medium grill to cooked to your liking.

Serve with chips or potatoes and vegetables of your choice

As an extra, you can serve them with a wholegrain mustard, or 3 mustard sauce.

Butter

Flour

Milk

Wholegrain mustard (or other mustards of your choice)

Make a normal white sauce by melting the butter and stirring in the flour to form a rouxe then gradually stiring in enough milk to make a sauce (as thick or runny to taste) Stir in desert spoon full(s) of wholegrain mustard and stir until thouroughly mixed. Pour into a gravy boat or serving jug.

For a 3 mustard sauce, (which i had to make because i did`nt realise i was nearly out of wholegrain) use Wholegrain, dejon, and english musards in smaller equal qunatities.

All quantities are very much to individual tastes, so should be used as a guideline only.

Eat, and hopefully enjoy.. ................................ Neil.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...