falcon 23 buying guide

diesel falcon

It's amazing how well the online interface works with that magazine.

It still feels as accessible as a real paper copy, yet has zoom and pan, making it a very comfortable read.

I wonder what the future holds for this sort of publication ?

Free online with no clutter, or £5 a copy, cluttering up the house.

If PBO and such were available online, with access to a library of back copies, I'd probably subscribe, but I gave up the paper ones many years ago.

• 5 months later...

Hi (Falcons 23) I have a battery charger that it controlled via a master switch to select either the engine or domestic battery for charging but it does not appear to be working and I can't workout where the wires are suppose to be connected? I don't see any wires coming from the switch to the batteries. Does anyone have a diagram of how this should be set up?

Also dose any king of wiring diagram exist for behind the main dashboard?

Appreciate any help :)

Thanks Phil

hi, 

1st step trace the out put cables from the charger to see where they go; ie straight to battery,, or through the switch, if the battery charger has been replaced at some point , there may be 2 pairs of cables, from the charger to both batteries, making the switch redundant, 

model of charger would help.

Dash board wiring depends on engine fitted,

Yes thats the original, looks like a 12amp single output, upto changeover switch, whole thing requires rewire!!,personally i would fit a 2 output smart charger and wire straight to the  batteries,(ditching the changeover switch) then you can leave the charger on when your not at the boat and it will lookafter the batteries, have done this on our boat and have had no problems :wave

• Like 1

Hi could anyone possibly explain to me how the hot water calorifier system works on my Falcon 23? I assume it is fed from the fresh water tank and then the water is passed through the engine to heat it up? Is that correct? Is this a separate flow to the engine coolant water and that the engine is not dependant on this water flow if the tank was empty?

I assume that if I have water in the fresh water tank then the calorifier is always full? Correct?

Anyway of telling how much water is in my fresh water tank at anytime?

Does the 240v immersion heater work in the same way as a home domestic system?

Anything else I should be aware of in this system?

Thanks in advance to any info. Novice Philip

Hi Philip,

I THINK I can answer a few of your questions, though I would get anything I say checked out!

The calorifier is fed from your fresh water tank, so if there's water in the tank, there's water in the calorifier.

The water in the calorifier IS NOT passed through the engine, instead the engine cooling water is passed through the calorifier. ( that's the bit I'd get confirmed if I were you ).

There are three "levels" you can have in your water tank. Full, some and empty.

your guides are as follow...

Full... you just filled it.

Some... You're using it.

Empty... nothing comes out of the tap any more.

For most boats, those are the only guides. Just keep topping up the tank.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi

I lost power to my depth sounder and speed log but I can't find where the fuses are located?

I have tested the connections and they are dead. I have checked all the breakers on the dash and none have tripped out and I don't think they are used for these items.

I any suggestions appreciate?

Thanks Philip