The Kings Head Wroxham

kfurbank

I noticed last week that the building on the right as you enter the car park was having some renovations done to it. For years this area has just been boarded up. I believe it belongs to The Kings Head? Anyone know what is being done there?

On wet days in the 70's Keith they did the odd BBQ under cover in that area. Was that not a short cut also to the Three Horseshoes Bar then?

cheers Iain.

I must confess The Three Horseshoes was before my time. Is that the long rectangular black building between The Kings Head and The BA information centre? That's the building that had workman inside and some of the hoarding have been taken down. I believe The Kings Head is a hotel as well and did wonder if that area was being turned into more rooms for the hotel?

I had a feeling it was now part of The Kings Head. The OS map has the area marked as a PH so I guess it is the site of the old Three Horseshoes pub. I took a look at The BA planning site and cannot see any change of use or planning application for the site. Certainly a lot of work going on there, will be interesting to see what it becomes over the next few weeks / months. Maybe the plan is to re-instate the old function room which wouldn't need planning permission.

Local bands use to practice there Keith, many an interesting nights listening to pop rock and OMG music. It was part of the KH just more modern if you could call it that in the early 70's. My first ever pint in Norfolk I had there, sitting looking out the window at the resplendent craft stern moored across at Porter & Haylets, trying to work out which one was Sun Glory, that we had hired. lol

cheers Iain.

Hi Ray,

It is indeed, my only surprise is, its taken this long! Perhaps held up by red tape and chewing gum and the like! :naughty:

Now I didn't check this year, but it would be good if they repaired their mooring frontage also. 

cheers Iain

• Like 1