silver marine

Guest sachmo

hi guys

i hope this is the place to post this if not please move.

came down from leeds last week for a weeks stay on the coast,so decided, as we have booked a weeks holiday in august on silver reflections we would go to silver marine to have a look around i must say here it is thirty years since our last time on a boat.

well when we arrived we where met by a pleasant young man when we told him why we were there said he would tell CHRIS, CHRIS must have dropped every thing he was doing because in seconds he was there introducing himself he did not say if he was the ower or enything to us perhaps those who know the yard could say who he was.

what a plesent and accomandating man he was, he told he would take us around reflections so we could have good look at the layout etc we could see at once we have chosen a good yard the outside and the inside of the boat were immculate showed us the cabins as there will be 9 of us this tme to get a good idea to place everyone.

also some extra advice to some using the yard.

1 take over is stateted as 3 pm if you get there by 2 pm the boat sould be ready.

2 no parking fees for our two cars for the week.

3 and an extra tip was if we needed food to stock up rather bringing it down ourselfs TESCO do deliver to the yard.

so let me once again thank you CHRIS i hope you are a member of this forum and can read this,

i know i have got a great yard and boat.

Hi Sachmo

I hire from Swancraft which is the yard next door. However I believe the owner of Silverline is called Colin. His wife is Lesley I think.

Takeover times are always a tricky one. It can depend on a lot of factors at the boatyard, if any repairs were necessary, the condition the boat came back in, how busy the yard is etc etc. So most yards play it safe and give a time which they would expect to meet. I think the golden rule however is not to assume. My approach with a new yard has always been to arrive at the yard, say I am here and can you tell me when the boat will be ready please? You will usually be given a time and most yards do not object if you take the boat early as long as it’s ready. In fact it can help the staff by staggering the handovers. However be prepared to wait, the Yare pub up the road is a very pleasant place to do this.

The yard I use do not charge for parking, but not sure what Silverline’s policy is. If they do charge it may be around £10 - £15 per car.

Again I’ve not had Tesco deliver but I think there is an issue with the delivery address like it must be the same as your card???? Anyone else know? There is a good Budgens store on the main street in Brundall which is reasonably priced. We normally stock up there before we board the boat, its quick and convenient.

Hope you have a great time!!!

cheersbar

Hi there ! We have used Swancraft many times and when we where last down in October we had our shopping delivered, if i rember correctly Tesco do have a problem with the address but Asda dont and apart from that just making a phone call to the appropriate store we managed to get our shopping delivered at an exact time instead of the 2 hour slot given on the internet ! Well worth it !!