Home Made Liquor and more from 'Big Clive'

I thought I would bring to the Forum’s attention a Scottish chap I found quite by accident on you Tube when I was looking up LED light strings.  Since finding his channel, I am hooked and so here are a couple of good videos I have selected.

The first, and I am keen to try this – how to make your own liquor’s – simple and very interesting I’ll say no more on this, and let everyone head out to buy the Vodka and follow along at home :)

The second is far more practical about Boric Acid – be it for your shoes to remove smells, or to rid places of mold (so this could well come in handy for us boaters) amongst other interesting properties such as stopping wet and dry rot in wood, acting as a lubricant and when mixed with Borax into a water soluble solution can be used to make wood fire retardant and finally how to make an interesting green flame when burnt with alcohol.

Perhaps it is his voice and character, or his wealth of electrical knowledge when you delve deeper into the many hundreds of videos on his channel, but it certainly has opened up my eyes and far easier to watch than other ‘geeky’ channels I follow on You Tube so you may like it too.

• Like 2

One of the best posts I have seen in ages - am I an alcoholic? Nice one Robin.

For those who cant be bothered with the sugar/flavourings thing, you can get a similar result by adding boiled sweets to cheap vodka (why waste money on the expensive stuff for this) - they slowly dissolve and create a similar effect. If you crush them first they obviously dissolve faster.

One to try is Werthers Originals in Vodka = Toffee Vodka

One from Denmark is a sweet called Turkish Pepper (pepery liquorice flavour and not everyones cup of tea). Again add to vodka for a warming liquorice drink. I have never seen the sweets for sale in the UK though.

Just 2 I have tried and I am sure you could use cola cubes, rhubarb and custards etc to name a few!!cheers

p.s. Robin, I had spotted that spelling mistake, but too busy thinking of flavours to add!! Reminds me of the joke though - how do hold your liquor? By the ears!!!!:eek::bow