Cooking On The Corsican . Part 14 ... Leftovers ...

CheshireCat

Hello Hello Hello there we are back after three weeks off the air due to my bathroom at home being turned in to a wet room . I must say sorry as I forgot to tell you good people that there would be no Vlog but it is back so no panic , this week we are dealing with leftovers one of my favourite things so please enjoy and try it as it if was really delicious , but as always keep cooking all the very best oh and back to one vlog every week guys ... cheers ...

• Like 2

phew, glad you are back. due to time constraints I only really get to cook properly at weekends, of a Sunday morning I prepare a beef stew or casserole. this is done using a 700g pack of diced beef and fresh veg in a slow cooker, various stock cubes, mustard and horseradish are added. all the veg is put through a nicer dicer for consistent sizing, and occasionally lentils are added to bulk it up.

Sunday evening I make up a large batch of mashed potato, we have mash and stew for tea, the remainder is saved and depending on work and shifts of the pair of us, either made up as a big shepherds pie, or as 4 small individual portions, these provide evening meals for the next two days at least. so one batch of sunday cooking sets us up in meals for at least half a week, 

now the question, do you have any other similar slow cooker recipes for meals that can be had as one meal one day (on the day of cooking) and be renovated as a different meal easily for a couple more meals.

Thanks

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, grendel said:

phew, glad you are back. due to time constraints I only really get to cook properly at weekends, of a Sunday morning I prepare a beef stew or casserole. this is done using a 700g pack of diced beef and fresh veg in a slow cooker, various stock cubes, mustard and horseradish are added. all the veg is put through a nicer dicer for consistent sizing, and occasionally lentils are added to bulk it up.

Sunday evening I make up a large batch of mashed potato, we have mash and stew for tea, the remainder is saved and depending on work and shifts of the pair of us, either made up as a big shepherds pie, or as 4 small individual portions, these provide evening meals for the next two days at least. so one batch of sunday cooking sets us up in meals for at least half a week, 

now the question, do you have any other similar slow cooker recipes for meals that can be had as one meal one day (on the day of cooking) and be renovated as a different meal easily for a couple more meals.

Thanks

Hello Grendel , I have been having a good think , I am no expert on slow cooker I have used one when I worked and mustard it over the years . Now I have some ideas for you just thinking what I do myself I.E. I will make mince and mashed potato's one day then the next day I will cook some macaroni mix the left over mince in top with cheese pop under the grill lovely or you could turn it in to a shepherd's pie or buy some ready rolled puff make a mince round or just take the leftover mince warm it up when it simmers drop some lovely free range eggs in put a lid on let them steam gently serve with some good bread you have bought on the way home , so that is just mince you can turn most thing's into pies with a bit of thought , just serving something with potato's one night then the next night use pasta and some cheese bread crumb spring onions to top changes it completely , but that is a hard question and I will doo more thinking and get back to you I hope this is some help and gives you some ideas good luck ...

Some good ideas there, Thanks.

Just one point I will make, and that is that if I want some good bread, I will cook it myself. when I had a camper van with no oven I had a big tin box contraption that sat on the ring, and used an old saucepan with no handle to cook the bread in, perhaps you can do a vlog on bread making on a boat, as there is nothing better than a fresh home cooked loaf.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, grendel said:

I only make the simple kind of bread, well made it is enough, fresh bread is the thing, no need to fancy it up. with a good soup it is perfect.

Something i'v not done yet is a soup so you have just given me a idea thanks ...