Few More Fans Please

Well folks, thanks for your good wishes. As you can tell , it all went too plan. It's a weekend I will never forget. I can't explain the joy and emotion which abounded Hampden park on Saturday evening. 114 years is a long time, and of course a lot of Hibs supporters never lived to see it.

As usual , one or two spoil it for everyone , but please don't be conned by the reports of mass rioting and cannibalism. It just never happened.

These poor Rangers fans, dosent anybody remember what they done to Manchester? They are not shrinking violets , trust me. Yes, the actions of a few should be condemned , but please save me the morale high ground speeches. Let not the media convince you that this is a bigger story than the cup coming back to Leith.

Day and match report to follow.:dance

• Like 5

Strangely on Saturday I wore my "unlucky" trainers. I bought beer I normally wouldn't, I paid an invoice unusually early and bought direct sweets for the car!!  I was trying new things. I'm off my head really a,,

Left my home town about 10am , picked up sister and brother in law and drove to my hotel on the outskirts of Glasgow.  Settled in and cracked my first beer just after 12. We put the world to rights and contemplated the day ahead, moved into the bar area for some food and more beers, helped down unusually again by some rum.

Cab to the football, where I met up with many friends, had the day of my life. I know it's only a game of football but this was special. Very special. Many tears shed by many people for many different reasons. Many memories made . History , and we were part of it.

Back to the hotel, many phone calls and texts, many liquid refreshments then into Glasgow for the Manic Street Preacher concert. A fantastic end to a fantastic day.

Next day into Edinburgh to see the cup parade. Over a hundred thousand people lining the streets, sun shining , carnival atmosphere , family by my side . I went home a happy man. I also went home absoloutley shattered , physically and emotionally . I was burst.

Today was very strange, back to earth with a bump. A few memories of the weekend kept coming back to me , which helped chase the Monday blues.

Its not just a game, it's a life choice. It's like mini life, with love , passion, hurt, disappointment , elation , surprise and most importantly loyalty.

of course it isnt life or death, It just feels like it sometimes!

Nobody who was there will ever forget it.

• Like 6

Congrats again WW and glad you had such a special day :party:

I had a similar experience watching Donny Rovers at Wembley - Yes the team actually once did get there (To play, not as spectators before any clever Dick jumps in with that one) in a play off final to reach the Championship for the first time in their history.  The opposition were the minnows Leeds united fc.  I honestly didn't think we had a hope of winning the match, but Donny rose to the occasion and won the day.  It remains one of the highlights of my life to date (Sad I know, but if you don't follow a lowly team like Donny - then you will just never 'Get It')  I'm still dining out on that day out

Griff

• Like 3