Paint Removal

Along the side of my boats cabin area, there is a painted stripe, and it's this painted stripe that I'd like to remove. Problem is, what do I use that will be kind to the gel coat/fiberglass beneath it. I did consider Nitromors, but this I believe will blister the gel coat. Has anybody had experience of this kind of paint removal. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Baz

cheers Oi! Baz why do you want to remove it? it won't come up white you know, the blue pigment in the paint will stain the Gel coat, so you'll have to paint it anyway, so why don't you just rub it down then paint it whatever colour you want,,

Frank,,,

Hiya Frank,

Had a chat today with the makers of a Paint Stripper that's pretty good, and won't damage the Gelcoat, but guess what, he wasn't sure about it's potential to clear all the paint from the boat, so gave him up as a bad one, he didn't seem too genned up with the product. I think you might be right Frank, rub it right down and put another, more subdued colour on.

Getting excited mate ? you know what tomorrow is............. :Stinky:Stinky:Stinkycheersbar Good luck with the day Frank.

Baz

:dance Yippeee! Launch day Baz, should be arriving at Richo's around 2pm, have to sort out a temp mooring till David get back but I'm hoping to stay in the new bit, Dunno why you want to get rid of the stripe it's part of the 27 look, it would look nice done in wood but it would be a bugger to shape it, and as yours is Burgandy now what other colour could you do it?

Frank,,

Thanks Clive thats very kind of you, hopefully I'll only need a couple of hours to let the Diesel tank settle down before I fire her up, I want to let the wife have a look at your set up, if your around tomorrow i'll go into it a bit more, Once again thanks for the offer,,,

Frank,,