Bob48

Bob48

Hi Bob,

Dave (Deebee) has explained it as I would have. Its nice to be liked, but the software likes 50 posts, then you are put forward for full members. Seven days later - all being above board - you can then like away to your hearts content:party:

cheersIain

• Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, Regulo said:

If you do a lot of cruising when hiring it may be worth checking on fuel prices. Some hire yards charge a lot more than other outlets. If you think your deposit won't cover the fuel you've used, consider topping up at a cheaper outlet than your home yard. Then you'll be refunded anything left in the tank at the yard's rate. 

We did this once on a hire boat and the yard owners were not impressed when we got back. It was a few years ago when red diesel did not have any duty on it.

We used a place in Norwich if my memory serves me well and we got the genuine red diesel price. The home boat yard were selling the fuel at road prices as they all did in those days. My old dad had hired the boat and they got no change out of him. He was a lovable but cantankerous character who quite liked taking people to task in these sort of matters. He never minced his words and told them in no uncertain terms what they were doing was ripping off the customers.

It has all changed now that the EU has put a spanner in the works and we all have to pay white diesel prices. I bet the boatyards did not like that one bit when that law came in.    :naughty: 

• Like 2