Salty Bottoms Mayday

I have to admit it did not even cross my mind but it may be a good idea to schedule in a bit of MOB practice for the Salty Bottoms.

would also be wise to set up a visit from the RNLI to carry out a sea safe inspection at either Easter or Mayday.

If you were doing a pro drill then you may well Simon, an old boiler suit stuffed with straw is also sometimes used. Getting the boat to the casualty, assuming you haven't lost sight is the easy bit but actual recovery is a different matter. I've only done it twice in anger, fortunately both occasions had a happy outcome. Both coincidentally were on the broads so I guess it may be that people take less care than they perhaps would at sea, possibly lulled by the apparently benign surroundings and holiday athmosphre. The prime rule is of course, don't get in the water.