Fire Extinguishers

Baitrunner

Saw these composite fire extinguishers at a show today. Purposely chose a web link from a different company though. 

https://www.safelincs.co.uk/britannia-fireworld-service-free-fire-extinguishers/

maybe more beneficial in a salt water marine environment but I like the idea of not having to worry about corrosion!! Price and whether they will pass a BSC might be an issue. 

I did ask about fm-200 gas alternatives for engine bays and he said the foam was the best option and they had fitted some!!! Not on my boat it won't be!!!

i am sure there will be some comments but just my opinion as usual:default_beerchug:

There is another new type besides the one I put up a few months ago where you pop it in a pan fire and it kills the fire.

This is a ball and look like the size if a kids football, which blows up on fire. These can be mounted in the engine bays or in the exit on a boat so they can be throw back in as you leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pn9Y0u3LwA

I've not come across this type in years of buying for buildings etc till this year and just seen some for around £40,

FM-200 is ideal in comms rooms and is down to 30 psi compared to 160bar 6 foot bottles they replaced. We had a comms room which made of 6 portakabins as one room with 8 of these 160 bar bootle and I waited for the day they went off to see it blown down like a pack of cards

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2