who replaces aquafibre

andyg

It was sad to see them close, and the numbers of craft produced for Ireland, France etc that were not that long ago coming out of there, but good that there is new craft being produced at Horning Ferry marina & soon Richardsons. At least some of those staff and expertise that existed at recent sizeable builders such as Le Boat/Connoisseur Wroxham and Aquafibre etc may have been able to find work at the new setups and the skill and craftmanship does not get lost through all the jobs going with no alterntives, and their Sister company (Broom) live on so production increasing to meet demand should always be an option for the future I would hope. Still, I cant see there being another company setting up iminently to the same scale as Aquafibre were building at say ten years ago in all truth... but at least there is reasonable production levels (and the likeliness of that continuing/growing) at the places you mention.

All the best

Dan

The Aquafibre site in Rackheath has been taken on by a local fibreglass company called R G W Roe & Son, who I believe were the backbone of Aquafibre anyway. They also do GRP swimming pools, roofs and a good line in giand GRP dinosaurs!

I also understand all the Aquafibre moulds are also still there and available should you want one, and the links to Brooms are still there.

The Aquafibre site in Rackheath has been taken on by a local fibreglass company called R G W Roe & Son, who I believe were the backbone of Aquafibre anyway. They also do GRP swimming pools, roofs and a good line in giand GRP dinosaurs!

I also understand all the Aquafibre moulds are also still there and available should you want one, and the links to Brooms are still there.

this is basically right, Roe mold the new Westwood and I think have also prodced two 'Europas' which are being built locally for Ireland.

They are set up in the new shed built to produce the new Fairline before the plug was pulled.

thanks for the info guys, clive with the increased demand for boating hols the last two years do you think once your current projects are up and running the richarsons group will mould for third parties or is this an avenue you wouldnt want to go down.

andy

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Are there any of the moulds still in tact for any of the old models such as the Opal 38, or indeed really old models such as the DC30?. Regards ................ Neil.