Anton And Erin

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all, 

Nobody on here will know, but Karen used to teach ballroom dancing years ago, she has actually won medals for it. She`s an avid Strictly fan, and never misses a show. So 4 years ago, she said she would like to see Anton and Erins travelling show down here at the Bournemouth Pavillion, but did`nt know whether anybody she knew would want to go. Now, i`m no dancing fan, and i look like i`m dancing with three left feet, but seeing as i knew how much she wanted to go, i offered to go with her.  I absolutely loved their show, and we`ve been every year since, being the last 4 years. Yesterday (earlier in the year than usual) was this years regular visit to Bournemouth, and we went to the afternoon show (matinee), and although slightly differnt in format, was as usual, a truly brilliant show. This time, we decided to wait by the stage door to see if they would come out and say hello. They did, as well as Lance Ellington, who regularly sings on Strictly, and also the lady singer "Lauren Emmett", and the back up dancers. We got to say hello to all of them and had some pics taken with them.What a great bunch they were, very down to earth and friendly, and always had time for those who waited by the door. Karen was absolutely made up, and yes,  we will be going next year. I also told Anton that it`s about time the gave him a partner who could win lolol.

It really was (and always will be) a great show, and i would always recommend anybody, dancing fan or not, to go and see it if you get the chance. I would be very surprised  if you were disappointed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How interesting! I had wondered what their show is like as so many of the Strictly pros are touring with their own productions. And most of them come to the Cliffs Pavilion at Southend, the closest venue to where I live.

The live music always makes Strictly special so I'm sure having Lance Ellington there blended with the style of Anton and Erin.

11 minutes ago, SwanR said:

How interesting! I had wondered what their show is like as so many of the Strictly pros are touring with their own productions. And most of them come to the Cliffs Pavilion at Southend, the closest venue to where I live.

The live music always makes Strictly special so I'm sure having Lance Ellington there blended with the style of Anton and Erin.

Lance Ellington also took part in the dancing, albeit the simple routines, but it was still good to watch.

• Like 2