Boat Surveys

ExSurveyor

Now I know it is Norfolk but should it take 8 weeks after the actual survey to get a surveyor to supply the survey.

I might just take the same time to pay the invoice, if I ever get one.

I am not  superman but i can do two full house surveys a day and get the reports out the same day.

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

After 8 weeks I think I would be finding another surveyor! 

I would expect it within a few days!

Too late the boat was lifted back in the day after the survey. fortunately it is only for insurance but it is still very unprofessional.

In normal circumstances he would have been politely instructed as to where to place his report.

12 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Now I know it is Norfolk but should it take 8 weeks after the actual survey to get a surveyor to supply the survey.

I might just take the same time to pay the invoice, if I ever get one.

I am not  superman but i can do two full house surveys a day and get the reports out the same day.

Hi Mark,

A couple of my friends are surveyors and I've had a little bit of training as it maybe something I pick up later in life :) (Fingers crossed)

But basically yes, reports can take an eternity to get in full. Some may have be to submitted to the organisation they are a member of and the surveyor needs to be certain that it's all correct and there are a lot of details in there (Not that I'm saying your surveys aren't, you know I have no idea about houses lol ;) ). 

A decent surveyor should also take all day to do a survey of the boat so when they are busy they will do all the surveys together and then do the reports when it's not busy.   An insurance survey is also not really as high priority as others (such as a damage report, or a prepurchase report) (as your insurance always gives you time to resolve any recommendations) so it may just edge down the list slightly.  I've actually tried to work with my friends to see if there's a way to write software to speed it up but the outcome was not really as they can all be very different :( 

You should be able to meet the surveyor at the end of the day and be told what the recommendations are or contact and ask for these straight away, but the full report will take time.

For next time, I'll recommend our surveyor, he is based in Kent but I've sent him up to norfolk a few times and I know he covers there often too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1