Diesel Be Cheaper

Andrewcook

As to this Lock down we all have been experiencing at this Time will be moving on for us all in July 2020 thank gord as for Petrol for Cars have become cheaper at this time will Diesel's  be following a suite when Boating activity's does resumes plus will Fuel Deposit refunds  be cheaper for people  Hiring Boats for a Week ?

The fuel will have been bought and paid for long before lockdown on most yards and the price will soon rise again.

I've been checking red prices online and it hasn't dropped nearly as much as heating oil has.

Diesel bug is more likely to be an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

The fuel will have been bought and paid for long before lockdown

Could diesel bug then potentially affect fuel that has been standing in suppliers tanks for several weeks?..if so could it get passed on.

Luckily I saw a lockdown (or at least pubs shutting) coming and dosed my fuel tanks well with marine 16 the day the pub closures were announced as that was the last time I stopped on the boat, also took the fuses out of the eberspacher and radio memory so there was no battery drain bypassing the isolators and gave the stern glands an extra nip up to avoid the need for bilge pumping.