Boating Season

Andrewcook

I wonder will the Boating Season will now be extended as to making up Boat Yards lost revenue will that help? As to the English weather I know it won't all that good including the Day Light Hours as to the Summer Season. As most Boat yards would like to finish off the Boating Season for Maintenance  e.c.t  to the Hired or Private Boats alike for the following Season,  Most of the boats have got good Air ducts Heating and almost Draught proof on Newer Models I believe?' I do hate Draughts coming down my neck while sitting down lol

Interesting one. Historically yards are usually reluctant to hire out of season. Also there is a perception by the public that the weather suddenly becomes adverse after October half term. I believe that tolls cover April to Match and are not flexible so a yard tolling a boat now will only get 9 months max although if they stick to the 'season' that would reduce to 4 months and maybe a bit of March next year. A yard can't have every boat in the shed at the same time so you would think there would be opportunities. Certainly Bridgecraft have been good enough to fit me in to their winter schedule which has worked very wel and is much appreciated. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1